Zorast Wadia, CFA, FSA, EA
Zorast is a principal and consulting actuary with the New York office of Milliman. He joined the firm in 2002. In addition to his client responsibilities, Zorast manages a team of actuarial analysts and serves on Milliman’s Corporate Strategic Planning Group.
Zorast has been working in the retirement benefits field for 20 years. He has expertise in actuarial valuations for qualified and nonqualified plans. He also has expertise in the areas of pension plan compliance, design, and risk management.
Zorast has extensive valuation experience with qualified, nonqualified, and postretirement benefit plans under U.S. GAAP ( FASB ASC Subtopics 715-20, 715-30, and 715-60) and international (IAS19) accounting standards. He has also worked with clients on benefit improvement, plan redesign, plan de-risking, and funding and accounting projection studies.
Zorast’s clients include not-for-profit organizations, financial services firms, and other corporations.
• Chartered Financial Analyst
• Fellow, Society of Actuaries
• Enrolled Actuary, ERISA
• Member. American Acaderny of Actuaries
• Society Of Actuaries’ Education and Examination Committee
• Member Of SO-CÉty Of Actuaries’ Retirement Section Committee
• Member. Academy Of Actuaries Lifetime Income Task Force
• Member. CFA Institute
• Member, CFA Institute of New York
• Co-author of the Milliman Pension Funding Study and Milliman 100 Pension Funding Index
• MS, Mathematics, Courant Institute, New York University
• BS (summa cum laude), Mathematics, New York University
• BE (With distinction), Stevens Institute of Technology