This is the website of CFA Society New York. We can be reached via email at CFANY@cfany.org or by telephone at 212-541-4530.
Our postal address is:
1540 Broadway, Suite 1010
New York, New York 10036-4039
III. Information We Collect
- Personally Identifiable Information: We may collect information (whether online, by phone, or by paper) that identifies you (“Personally Identifiable Information”) when you: provide such information on our Sites, apply or register for CFANY events, or otherwise interact with the CFANY, including, but not limited to, applying for membership, registering for a CFANY event or program, or purchasing CFANY products or services. The types of Personally Identifiable Information collected may include your name, address, phone number, birth date, billing and delivery information, Email address, or information about your practice or business. CFANY does not store credit card numbers or Social Security numbers. The CFANY may also receive Personally Identifiable Information of individuals from CFANY associates, sponsors and event hosts or cohosts.
- Non-Personal Data: As you interact with our Sites, we may also collect information about your browsing history or certain other information that is not Personally Identifiable Information through your use of and visits to the Sites and our use of a variety of technologies, including, but not limited to, cookies, tags, beacons, Internet Protocol (IP) address, and other tools. “Cookies” are pieces of code/text placed on your computer when you browse our Sites. Cookies may be placed by us or third party advertisers. You also can learn more about cookies by visiting http://www.allaboutcookies.org, which includes additional useful information on cookies and how to block cookies on different types of browsers and mobile devices. Please note, however, that by blocking or deleting cookies used in the Services, you may not be able to take full advantage of the Services. “Tags” and web beacons refer to code scripts that are primarily used to track visitors’ activities on our Sites by web analytics software. The types of non-personal data collected on our Sites through the use of these, and other tools as the CFANY may add from time to time, may include: the search terms you used, new or returning user, browser information, computer type, operating system, internet service providers, website usage, referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, number of clicks, ads viewed, etc. Additionally, cookies, tags and other tools placed by third parties may collect other information about you and your visits to Sites and elsewhere on the Internet including, but not limited to, your industry, company size, job function, seniority level, etc.) (collectively, all the foregoing data the “Non-Personal Data”).
IV. How We Use and Share Personally Identifiable Information
Once collected, we may use your Personally Identifiable Information in a variety of ways including, but not limited to:
- Personalize and improve the content of our Sites
- Provide communications related to your account, new products and services or upcoming events.
- Respond to your emails or online requests for products, services, or information
- Notify consumers about updates to our Web site
- Send emails to you on behalf of a sponsoring company
- Fulfill and/or deliver CFANY products and services
- Publish membership directories and registration lists as described below
- Contact consumers for marketing or promotional purposes
- Sharing with certain other companies to offer you products and services that may be of interest to you as described below
- Verify or enforce compliance with the policies governing our website and applicable laws or to protect against misuse or unauthorized use of our website
- Upon request we provide site visitors with access to unique identifier information (e.g., customer number or password) that we maintain about them, transaction information (e.g., dates on which customers made purchases, amounts and types of purchases) that we maintain about them, and contact information (e.g., name, address, phone number) that we maintain about them.
Publication of Your Personally Identifiable Information for Membership Directories and Registration Lists. To allow other members and the public to find you, the Personally Identifiable Information we receive may be published on the Sites and other print or digital media, in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, directories, membership lists, and other types of registration lists for CFANY programs and events (“Directory Lists”). Directory Lists will not include sensitive information, such as credit card or bank information. Users may request their information be suppressed from Directory Lists by contacting us (see contact information listed above). CFANY does not sell its membership mailing list to third parties.
Sharing Your Personally Identifiable Information to Fulfill Service Requests and Perform Business Functions. When fulfilling service requests initiated by you, we may share your Personally Identifiable Information with certain third parties to fulfill the requests. We may also share such information with service providers that perform business functions for us. For example, the CFANY occasionally hires other companies to provide limited services on our behalf including, but not limited to, packaging, mailing and delivering promotional offers, sweepstakes or contests, consulting services, printing, sending postal mail and processing event registrations. In such cases, the CFANY may share your Personally Identifiable Information.
Sharing Your Personally Identifiable Information When Legally Necessary or to Protect the CFANY’s Interests. The CFANY may disclose your Personally Identifiable Information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to legal requirements or comply with legal process served on the CFANY; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of CFANY; or (c) protect the personal safety of CFANY personnel or members of the public in appropriate circumstances. In addition, if the CFANY and/or its assets (or a portion of its assets) are sold, assigned, transferred, or merged, or if the CFANY undergoes some other change including a change to its corporate form as part of a bankruptcy proceeding or otherwise, information may be transferred as part of that transaction or change
Sharing Your Email Address Pursuant to CFANY Policy. Your e-mail address will only be used by the CFANY. We do not sell or rent e-mail addresses to anyone outside the CFANY. The CFANY will also not share e-mail addresses to unrelated third-parties, affiliates, or CFANY members. Please understand, however, that your Email address may be visible to other members, others who have interest in CFANY events, as well as the general public through Directory Lists as set forth above. The CFANY may also share your Email address with third parties to enable the CFANY to take security measures to help protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure, or destruction of data. Finally, the CFANY may share Email addresses with third parties as necessary for the CFANY to perform certain services on our behalf, such as packaging, mailing and delivering products and processing event registrations and to respond to your service requests.
V. How to Manage the Sharing of Your Personally Identifiable Information
Members and registered CFANY website users who have a profile with CFANY may update their profiles or opt-out of any of these preferences online. You can manage your profile and e-mail preferences, including opting out of e-mail, by going to www.CFANY.org and click on the “My Account” link located in the upper right-hand corner of the CFANY website. You may also change your preferences by emailing us at the above address, writing to us at the above address, calling us at the above number or editing it online here. Additionally, if you prefer to receive mailings only from the CFANY and have your name and address removed from the list we provide to certain companies, please contact us. Please be advised that opting out of all CFANY emails can cause problems if you are a member; the majority of member communications, are sent via email. If you decide to opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as digital receipts and messages about your account or our ongoing business relations.
If you use the Career Center job board as a job seeker, your username and password are transmitted securely to the company that maintains that area of our site. If you use the Career Center as an employer, you will need to set up a separate account, stored on a separate database maintained by the company that maintains that area of our site.
The Brightcove Gallery lead form (the “Lead Form”) enables CFANY to collect information from end users who are visiting CFANY’s Gallery site(s). The information from end users (the “Data”) will be collected via an online form that is created by CFANY using Gallery. We do not share our user’s data collected by the Lead Forms with anyone else outside of CFANY except for our Volunteer Leaders. The data will be kept in house to better tailor content to our user’s needs. You have a right to access, correct and/or delete the Data by emailing us at the above email address, writing to us at the above physical address, or by calling us at the above number. If CFANY receives a request from an end user to access, correct and/or delete the end user’s Data, CFANY will forward such request onto Brightcove customer support.
VI. How We May Use and Share Non-Personal Data
Through the use of various technological tools, we may collect Non-Personal Data to improve the usability of our Sites/Services and for other business reasons. We may share the Non-Personal Data we collect with third parties or permit third parties to place tools like cookies, tags and web beacons, to collect additional Non-Personal Data when you browse our Sites. We or other third party companies may then use the Non-Personal Data to provide advertisements and targeted advertisements to you (ads based on the Non-Personal Data). We do not share Personally Identifiable Information with third parties with whom we share your Non-Personal Data. Please note that you may be subject to the privacy policies of other non-CFANY companies when you select an advertising link or other link that takes you to sites not operated by the CFANY.
How You Can Manage the Collection of Non-Personal Data. Third party advertising companies may collect data about your visit to our Sites and others to provide you more relevant advertising here and elsewhere on the Internet. This type of advertising is known as Online Behavioral Advertising. You can stop this collection and use of data for these purposes by companies participating in the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) by visiting the “Opt out from Online Behavioral Advertising” website. By opting out, the ads you see may be less relevant, and you may still continue to see other non-targeted advertisements on our Sites and elsewhere.
VII. Do Not Track
We do not knowingly collect personal data online from or market online to children under the age of 13.
IX. Information Security
X. User ID and Password
Anyone who has registered for a CFANY event, whether online or via mail/fax, has a username and password. If you have lost your username or password, they can be reset by clicking the “forgot your password?” link on the log-in page. If you experience any trouble please contact the Membership Department by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (212) 541-4530.
XI. Linking to Other Internet Sites
XII. How You Can Access and Change Information
If you are a registered user of the Sites, subscriber to CFANY publications, purchaser of CFANY products and services, or a CFANY member, you may review and update/correct your information directly on CFANY’s website-CFANY.org-or by contacting us.
If you feel that this site is not following its stated information policy, you may contact us at the above addresses or phone number.
Updated: January 22, 2018