CFA Society New York (CFA NY) has been a leading forum for the investment community since 1937. The mission is to serve all members and investment professionals’ needs and educate the investing public.
We provide the premier forum for exchanging information among investment professionals, corporate management, and other interested members and strive to maintain an active leadership development program, career assistance, and continuing education. We encourage the pursuit of high standards of ethics and professional conduct and promote integrity and professionalism. Today, with a community of more than 12,000 members, CFA Society New York is the largest of the 150+ societies that comprise CFA Institute worldwide.
CFA NY seeks an accomplished professional to advance the Society’s corporate sponsorships and institutional partnerships. Reporting to the CEO, the Director of Sponsorships & Partnerships will:
- Generate revenue in support of a break-even or better annual budget for the Society.
- Enhance and expand collaborations between the Society, corporate industry partners, educational institutions, and other organizations within the investment management ecosystem.
- Partner with the CFA NY staff team and volunteer leaders to integrate sponsorship and partnership programs with CFA NY member-driven content and programming.
The Director of Sponsorships & Partnerships is a key member of CFA NY’s leadership team and will serve as a key point of contact for institutional relationships and large potential contributors. As such, the Director must act with the highest level of trust, discretion and sound judgement on behalf of the Society. The Director will work collaboratively with the CEO, CFA NY staff and volunteer leaders to understand partner needs and Society value propositions and develop these into revenue opportunities that deliver value back to partners, the Society, and ultimately CFA NY’s members.
The successful candidate must have a proven track record of securing sponsorship and partnership funding and developing / maintaining positive relationships C-Suite partners. Desired candidate experience and attributes include:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, with at least 15 years of professional experience. Knowledge of and experience with the CFA professional designation highly desired.
- Demonstrated success in developing and implementing successful, profitable sponsorship programs, including conference / event sponsorship sales.
- Financial services industry experience and established relationships within the New York City financial services community are highly desired.
- Strategic thinker with strong research skills. Must have an excellent work ethic and ability to collaborate with CEO, staff, and volunteer leaders to turn ideas into impactful actions.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Experience with proposal writing, including proposals for grant funding, required.
- Experience with SalesForce or similar CRM, and with Microsoft Office.
At CFA NY, we care about our employees’ well-being. That’s why we are committed to providing a comprehensive, competitive benefits package that offers flexibility to make choices that meet their needs:
- Benefits that are robust with comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision for employees and their family members.
- Comprehensive Leave and Time Off plans.
- A generous retirement benefits package.
- Flexible work arrangements.
- Wellness, Education, and Employee Assistance Benefits.
If you feel this opportunity could be the next step in your career, we encourage you to apply. Please send a cover letter, resume / CV, LinkedIn profile link, writing sample and compensation expectations to: [email protected].