- Jane SoongParticipantThursday, June 28 at 3:39 PMPost count: 1
Your Contact Information Name Chenyao (Jane) Soong firstname.lastname@example.org Post Custom Field 31086 Event Details Event Title Title What’s Impact of 2017 Tax Reform Act Event Start Date 09/27/2018 Start Time 06:00 pm Event Duration 2 Hours Interest Group / Series
- Financial Reporting and Analysis
Event Type Select Event Type Event Event Location Room Request 2 Rooms (fits up to 120) Expected Attendees 50-74 Livestream and/or Recorded Event? Yes Organizers Key Organizers Name Title/Firm OR Volunteer Title Phone Jane Soong, CFA, CPA Corporate Controller / SCYNEXIS email@example.com 610 392 3361 Additional Organizers (If Any) Name Title/Firm OR Volunteer Title Phone Arthur Fliegelman, CFA Chair of Financial Reporting & Analysis firstname.lastname@example.org (732) 651-6697 Santhosh Abraham, PhD, CFA, FHEA Faculty Program Director, School of Business & Technology SAbraham1@excelsior.edu (518) 608-8351 Communications Secretary & Content Secretary Communications Secretary Name CFANY Content Secretary Name CFANY Event Overview Keywords for Marketing 2017 Tax Reform Act, Tax code changes, SEC SAB 118, Accounting for income taxes Description of Program The 2017 Tax Reform Act introduces substantial changes to many areas of the U.S. tax system, including the taxation of individuals, businesses in all industries, multinational enterprises, and other areas.
Our panel experts will provide summary of the key features of the new law and focus on the financial reporting and investment implications of the changes. Our expert panelists will discuss how the corporations and tax payers can plan or prepare prior to year-end:
- A permanent reduction in the statutory C corporation tax rate to 21%, repeal of the corporate alternative minimum tax (AMT), and a broad limitation of the deduction for interest expense
- Fundamental changes to the taxation of multinational entities
- Changes to the taxation of executive compensation and employee benefits
- A temporary “expensing” provision that allows taxpayers to immediately write-off the cost of qualifying new property
- A temporary new deduction for certain kinds of domestic income from partnerships, S corporations, and sole proprietorships
- Significant changes relevant to the taxation of tax-exempt organizations, insurance businesses, financial institutions, regulated investment companies (RICs), and real estate investment trusts (REITs)
- Temporary reductions in the individual income tax rates, accompanied by new limits on itemized deductions.
Our panel experts will also discuss the potential impacts in public company tax footnote disclosure and financial impacts.
Learning Outcome Statements (LOS): 3-5 Bullet Points
- This program will provide a concise guidance and impacts on corporations
- This program will provide a concise guidance and impacts on other business entities – pass-through entities
- This program will provide a concise guidance and impacts on individuals
- The panelists will also provide suggestions in preparation of the compliance of 2017 Tax Reform Act
- The panelists will also provide their assessment on the impacts of the compliance of 2017 Tax Reform Act
Agenda (If Available) TBA Speaker Details Number of Speakers Expected 4-5 Potential Speakers Select Type from drop-down. Add as needed. PM Level Asset Owner/ C- Level Buy Side Manager Important Note on Speakers POTENTIAL Speakers Name Title/Firm Email/Phone # of Employees AUM ($US B) URL to Bio Speaker Type Speaker Role Analysts CFAI Asset Owner Panelist Analysts CFANY Asset Owner Panelist Accounting Professionals Accounting firms Asset Owner Panelist CONFIRMED Speakers Name Title/Firm Email/Phone # of Employees AUM ($US B) URL to Bio Speaker Type Speaker Role Asset Owner Panelist Is the press permitted to register for this event? Yes Partners & Sponsors Potential Partners & Sponsors Partner/Sponsor Name Confirmed? Contact Person: Name/Title Who Has the Relationship? (May be N/A) Yes Terms & Conditions I have read the proposal Terms & Conditions and I understand the CFANY Code of Conduct. I agree to abide by the rules described above and understand that I may be removed as a volunteer, member or employee if I violate any of these rules.
- I understand and agree.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.