Led by former private equity professionals, this course takes a deep dive into the Private Equity deal process and the day-to-day responsibilities of a PE professional. Designed for incoming and prospective PE associates as well as investment bankers and lenders working with PE clients, this boot camp is an insider’s walkthrough of the key phases of the PE deal process. We bring you through the major PE deal checkpoints (Pre-Deal,First Round Bid/IOI,Diligence Deep Dive/LOI, Post-LOI, Closing) and describe how junior professionals can add value to the deal team.
What You’ll Learn
- This boot camp will demystify each phase of the PE deal process.
- Understand the day-to-day responsibilities of a Private Equity professional.
- Learn how you can add value to your deal team through each PE deal phase.
- Designed for incoming and prospective PE associates as well as investment bankers and lenders working with PE clients.
- Taught by PE professionals who have been involved in high-profile PE deals.
- The pre-deal process:
- Pre-deal roles and responsibilities: Who does what?
- Deal sourcing
- The first-round bid/IOI phase:
- First round bids/IOI roles and responsibilities: Who does what?
- Reviewing CIMs and OMs
- Building the Mini-model
- Deal review materials
- Management presentations
- The diligence/LOI phase:
- Diligence/ LOI phase roles and responsibilities: Who does what?
- Quality of earnings
- Deal financing
- The data room process
- Making the decision and drafting the letter of intent
- Post-LOI phase
- Post LOI deal phase roles and responsibilities: Who does what?
- Deal updates and final model
- Negotiating key terms in the purchase agreement
- Negotiating key terms in the credit agreements
- Transition services agreements
- Deal closing
- Deal closing roles and responsibilities: Who does what?
- Getting regulatory approval
- Working capital adjustments
- Funds flow
Most recently, Jessica was an associate in the Carlyle Group’s U.S. Buyout Consumer & Retail group where she focused on evaluating investments, building valuation models, conducting financial analysis and diligence and managing portfolio companies within the consumer and retail space. Before Carlyle, Jessica was an analyst in the Financial Sponsors Group at Morgan Stanley, where she advised private equity clients on buy-side, sell-side, public offerings and refinancing opportunities.
Before joining Wall Street Prep, Michael was Director of Product Development at DICK’S Sporting Goods, Inc. Prior to attending business school, he was an Associate at Warburg Pincus, a global private equity firm with more than $44 billion in assets under management. He began his career at PJ Solomon, a boutique investment bank, as an analyst advising clients primarily on M&A transactions.
Comprehensive training materials (manuals and online exercises), Detailed reusable modifiable Excel model templates, Unlimited e-mail support for content-related questions for 12 months post-seminar.