his event explores the growing litigation finance market and associated investment opportunities. Speakers include practitioners, i.e. investment managers, who provide litigation funding, LP investors, and attorneys. Discussion covers the origins of the litigation finance market, the size of the opportunity, and various market dynamics. What makes a good case, what makes a bad case, and most importantly, what are the ethical considerations that investors and practitioners need to be aware? Topics will also explore how investment opportunities become available across antitrust, fraud, contract disputes, IP theft cases, and beyond, as well as provide insight on how deals are structured between key participants such as law firms, plaintiffs, defendants, and funders.
- Why does the market for litigation funding exist?
- What opportunities exist within the realm of litigation funding?
- What do investor need to be aware of in evaluating investment opportunities?
- What are the ethical considerations?
- What is the size of the market opportunity?
Michael Rozen, President & CEO, TRGP Capital Management, LLC
Jim Batson, Investment Manager, Bentham IMF
John Lazar, Director, Burford Capital
Justin Brass, Managing Director, Jefferies LLC