- This event has passed.
Evolution of Finance
Thursday, June 22
5:45 pm – 8:00 pm
Wednesday, June 21st
CFANY Conference Center
1540 Broadway #1010,
New York, NY 10036
Young Leaders Group
Sanjay Arora, CFA, ACA, ACMA, Managing Director, Raymond James
Valerie Bannon, Head of Financial Institutions Group and Product Strategy, BlackRock
Morgan Downey, Founder and CEO, Money.Net
Veena Ramaswamy, General Manager, CommonBond
Carly Levin, Executive Director, JPMorganChase
Mary Catherine Macaluso, VP of Executive Communications, OppenheimerFunds
The financial services industry is in the midst of rapid change. Disruptive business models, regulatory pressures, increasing disintermediation, and shifting customer preferences are rapidly changing the ways in which financial services are structured, delivered and consumed. The Young Leaders Group has assembled a panel of 5 high impact finance professionals who have the pedigree and background to discuss the evolution / future state of the industry.
Objectives & Overview
- Gain a broader perspective on the changes taking place across the financial services industry
- Learn how disruptive business models, disintermediation, and shifting customer preferences are changing how financial services are structured and delivered
- Learn how finance professional can stay relevant and competitive amid transformative changes
• Characteristics and “State of the Industry” today. What are the most exciting, and most disruptive changes happening right now? What will the industry look like in 5-10 years?
• Rapid technology improvements have had and will continue to have significant influence on the industry –what sectors of finance have been affected the most and how will the skills needed in these roles change?
• With outsourcing and automation becoming more prevalent across the industry, how can firms keep up with client expectations and still deliver outstanding service?
Who Should Attend
Analyst, Associate Analyst, Junior Analyst, Senior Analyst, Principal, Associate Vice President, Vice President, Senior Vice President, Manager, Director
CFANY expects all attendees to comply with CFANY’s Code of Conduct while attending CFANY events or meetings. CFANY expressly reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to grant or deny access to any individual, or to expel any individual from any CFANY event or meeting.
The CFA Society New York, Inc. (“CFANY”) is not a Registered Investment Advisor, Broker/Dealer, Financial Analyst, Financial Bank, Securities Broker, or Financial Planner. While CFANY seeks to present accurate and reliable information, CFANY does not endorse, approve, or certify such information, nor does it warrant or guarantee the accuracy, completeness, efficacy, timeliness, or fitness of such information for any particular purpose. Information presented may or may not be current as of the date of the presentation, and CFANY has no duty to update and maintain the information, reports, or statements made during events.
The information presented is provided for information purposes only, and is not intended to be and does not constitute financial advice, investment advice, trading advice, or any other advice, is general in nature, and is not specific to you. None of the information presented is intended as an offer or solicitation of an offer to buy or sell, or as a recommendation, endorsement, or sponsorship of any security, company, or fund. CFANY is not responsible for any investment decision made by you.
You should not make any financial, investment, trading or other decision based upon any of the information presented at CFANY without undertaking your own independent due diligence and consulting with a qualified and registered securities professional. You understand that your use of any of the information presented at CFANY is at your own risk.
There is a substantial amount of risk in trading securities, and the possibility exists that you can lose all, most or a portion of your capital. CFANY does not, cannot, and will not assess or guarantee the suitability or profitability of any particular investment, or the potential value of any investment or informational source. The securities mentioned in any CFANY presentation may not be suitable for investors depending on their specific investment objectives and financial condition.