Carole K. Crawford, CFA, Founder and Managing Partner, fincap360 David A. Evans, CFA, Founder, DEFT Capital Advisors, LLC
6:05pm: Keynote Address and Q&A
Caitlin Long, Chairman & President, Symbiont
6:50pm: Panel Discussion and Q&A
Jeff Bandman, Principal, Bandman Advisors; Founding Director, LabCFTC Dan Doney, CEO, Securrency Inc. Andreas Wallendahl, Strategic Initiatives & Business Development, ConsenSys Jonathan Levine, Solution Architect, Xerox
Moderator: Nikhil Nayab, Blockchain/Capital Markets, Accenture
7:55pm: Closing Remarks
Jonathan Prin, CFA, Managing Director and Head of Research, Greylock Capital
8:00pm: Networking & Refreshments
We bring together leading visionaries, entrepreneurs, investors, and practitioners in blockchain, distributed ledger technology, and cryptocurrency. The program starts with a brief overview of blockchain technologies followed by a keynote speaker, who addresses current landscape, including how technology may impact charter holders’ careers. Finally, a panel of leading entrepreneurs, investment professionals, and financial services professionals discusses current cases/projects both inside and outside financial services.
Blockchain was introduced to the world in October 2008, a clever combination of mathematics, cryptography and economics that underpinned Bitcoin. Over the past 10 years, the technology has evolved rapidly, from forks in the original chain, to development of new chains that enable additional functionality like smart contracts and high-volume processing. Today, nearly every major global bank, financial services and technology company is involved in one or more blockchain or distributed ledger proofs of concept. Outside financial services, entrepreneurs and incumbents are exploring the use of blockchain in media, voting, food safety, energy, healthcare, government, cyber security and many other industries. The technology has also enabled token offerings, sometimes called “Initial Coin Offerings” or ICOs, which are competing with venture capital for funding new technology projects (we will cover ICOs in a follow-up program).
Features, Benefits, Values
Attendees will gain understanding of current developments in blockchain/distributed ledger technology – including use cases in financial services and industry – that will shape the investment landscape of the future.
- Overview of blockchain and the current state of the industry
- Areas of the financial industry where blockchain/DLT and cryptocurrency is being explored and which areas are closest to widespread adoption
- Areas outside financial services that represent the most promising use cases/investment opportunities
- How the technology will impact the skills required for a career in financial services
- Gain an understanding of blockchain and the current state of the industry
- Understand areas of the financial industry where blockchain/DLT and cryptocurrency is being explored and which areas are closest to widespread adoption
- Understand areas outside financial services that represent the most promising use cases/investment opportunities
- Understand how the technology will impact the skills required for a career in financial services
Chief Executive Officer; Founder; Partner; Managing Director; Chief Investment Officer; President; Vice President; Associate; Associate