This course is an intensive instructor-led training program where trainees learn how to value a clinical-stage, pre-revenue biotech by building a long-range sum-of-the-parts valuation. Ideal for investment banking, private equity and VC professionals focusing on the biotechnology industry, this seminar bridges the gap between academics and the real world and equips trainees with the practical modeling skill set needed to build a biotech SOTP valuation.
What You’ll Learn
- Market size and revenue benchmarking for a therapeutic asset in clinical development.
- Determine the appropriate launch curve to achieve full market penetration once a therapy is approved.
- Apply the appropriate “probability of success” to a clinical-stage pre-revenue biotech company.
- Apply key assumptions and tie together a long-range forecast of multiple products with a DCF analysis.
- Build-up of operating expenses including a salesforce analysis for a “go-it-alone” marketing strategy.
- Key learning objectives include
- Overview of a sum of the parts valuation
- Major building blocks for a biotech SOTP
- Model assumptions dashboard
- Biotech company lifecycle
- Identify peak revenue opportunity
- Therapeutic areas overview
- Product launch timing and uptake curve
- Patent life and loss of exclusivity
- Road to commercialization
- FDA clinical trials
- Building a commercial infrastructure
- Completing the SOTP
- Probability of success
- Finalizing the valuation model
- Valuation sensitivities
This virtual training session is scheduled for 10a-6p (ET). The session will use interactive exercises as learners move back and forth between classroom lecture and small group breakout rooms.
Comprehensive training materials (manuals and online exercises), Detailed reusable modifiable Excel model templates, Unlimited e-mail support for content-related questions for 12 months post-seminar.
Our instructors are all practitioners with years of directly relevant real- world experience and have a passion for teaching. They understand the importance of teaching in a way that empowers students to apply the lessons from the classroom directly on the job.
Earn 9.5 CPE Credits for this Seminar
Wall Street Prep is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
Participants may cancel up to 3 weeks prior to the event for a full refund. A 20% cancellation fee will apply up to 1 week prior to the event. No refunds will be granted for cancellations made within 1 week of the event. Wall Street Prep reserves the right to cancel the seminar if enrollment is insufficient. Trainees will be refunded in full in the event of a cancellation.