1:00 PM | OPENING REMARKS
1:05 PM | PANEL
Net Zero – What does it mean for investment portfolios & how do we get there?
Tamara Close, CFA, Founder and Managing Partner, Close Group Consulting
Betty Jiang, CFA, Head of US ESG Research, Credit Suisse
1:45 PM | FIRESIDE CHAT
What are the Implications of Net Zero?
Moderated by Mark Van Clieaf, Managing Director, FutureZero
Anne Simpson, Managing Investment Director, Board Governance & Sustainability, CalPERS
2:20 PM | PANEL
Intersectionality of Diversity and Climate
3:05 PM | PANEL
How does Net Zero change the rules of the game? – Regulatory changes, mandatory reporting and new policies.
Following the COP26 meeting in Glasgow in November 2021, governments around the world representing about 90% of global GDP have made some level of pledge or commitment to achieve net zero by 2050-2070. With 85% of the global energy system currently running on fossil fuels, meeting these net zero commitments will require a monumental transition to the global energy system that will necessitate substantial global energy policy and regulatory changes.
Greg Hershman, MBA, Head of US Policy, Principles for Responsible Investment
Samantha Ross, Founder, AssuranceMark, the Investors’ Consortium for Assurance
- How will net zero change the rules of the game for investors and companies?
- What are the likely and anticipated regulatory and policy changes that investors need to be aware of?
- What is the future role for accountants and auditors if/when climate financial disclosures become mandatory.
- Will climate related financial data and disclosures become mandatory?
4:00 PM | PANEL
Net Zero – What is the missing data?
You can’t manage, what you don’t measure”, but investors will often highlight that there is a lack of good and comprehensive data on climate change and carbon emissions and that companies should improve disclosures. This panel will discuss what data and analytics are needed to integrate and implement net zero investing into investment strategies and portfolios, what is already available and what is missing, how can investors approach net zero using already available tools and frameworks?
- What data already exists and what is lagging or missing?
- What should investors ask companies to disclose?
- Net Zero investing – how can investors approach using already available tools and scenario frameworks?
4:40 PM | CLOSING REMARKS