The Opportunity Zone program was devised as an investment tool established by Congress to encourage long-term private investments in economically distressed communities. The national program provides significant tax incentives for investors to defer existing capital gains tax for up to seven years and potentially eliminate new capital gains tax altogether.
As investment cap rates are hovering around record lows in the urban cores, especially in the cities along the coasts, the timing of a program designed to encourage investments in oft-overlooked areas and “flyover cities” could not have been more appropriate. Since its passage in late 2017, the program has received significant attention from investors, developers, money managers, city officials and urban planners nationwide. Despite the tremendous activity, many challenges lay ahead as the kinks of the tax laws get ironed out from both an investment perspective and a fundraising standpoint and as investors weigh the risk of emerging markets against the potential upside. Join us for the Fifth Annual Real Estate Outlook for a lively discussion with investors, developers and money managers who are at the frontier of this real estate gold rush.
- Meet and learn from the industry-leading experts on the latest trend in real estate investments
- Learn about the various strategies developers are implementing to fundraise for their funds and capitalize deals
- Gain a strong understanding of the tax program overview
- Network with fellow CFA members and other investors who are interested in Opportunity Zones
Features, Benefits, Values
- Free livestream option available to both members AND nonmembers