- This event has passed.
4th Annual Thinking Beyond the Transition for Veterans
Thursday, Nov. 1, 2018 | 6:00 pm -9:00pm
The November 1st event explores how veterans focused on financial fields can better take inventory of their strengths, preferences, and tolerances to make fulfilling choices that give them greater staying power in their Wall Street roles. When veterans feel they are making meaningful contributions, employers are much more likely to see the lasting benefits of veteran hiring. The evening features a keynote discussion by Greg Parsons, CEO of Semper Capital Management, L.P. with $3 Billion AUM. Greg served in the United States Marine Corps and is a supporter of various Veterans Service Organizations. Following the keynote, a panel will share examples of how they leveraged the skills learned while in military service to transition to lasting successful careers in finance. A Q&A session will follow, concluding with a networking reception.
Learning Outcome Statements:
- Understand how to leverage background in military service to transition successfully
- Focus on key highlights for selling differentiated skill set
- Learn how to translate language from military to finance
- Learn what key points to focus on in job search, resume conversion, and interview prep
- Learn about CFANY and CFA Institute’s Career Guide: Veterans Edition