This event will explore the growing litigation finance market and associated investment opportunities. The discussion will cover the origins of the litigation finance market, the size of the opportunity and various market dynamics. What makes a good case, what makes a bad case, and importantly what are the ethical considerations that investors and practitioners need to be aware of. Topics will also explore how investment opportunities become available across antitrust, fraud, contract disputes, IP theft cases and beyond, and provide insight on how deals are structured between key participants: law firms, plaintiffs, defendants, and funders.
2:00 PM | REGISTRATION & CHECK-IN
2:30 PM | INTRODUCTION & WELCOME
2:35 PM | PANEL DISCUSSION
Christopher Bogart, Chief Executive Officer, Burford Capital
Steven Friel, Chief Executive Officer, Woodsford Litigation Funding
Scott Mozarsky, Managing Director, Vannin Capital
Cindy Chen, Partner and Co-Chief Investment Officer, Invictus Global Management
7:00 PM | CLOSING REMARKS
7:05 PM | NETWORKING & CATERED RECEPTION
- Why does the market for litigation funding exist?
- What opportunities exist within the realm of litigation funding?
- What does investor need to be aware of in evaluating investment opportunities?
- What are the ethical considerations?
- What is the size of the market opportunity?